Relativity Theory II (2018-19) -- PHY484S/1484S
PHY1484 *Graduate Student* Final Exam
- This final exam consisting of final project presentations will be held on Monday 22nd April from 13:00-17:00h in MP1115, the classroom on 11th floor.
- Each student is expected to make a half-hour presentation of their topic, pitched to an audience of fellow graduate students in the class. The schedule of available timeslots is listed below.
- The only presentation you are required to attend is your own. If you attend other students' presentations, you are expected to refrain from asking questions -- that will be my job.
- Laptops and tablets have an annoying habit of mercurially crapping out on you right when you least want them to, especially when you are about to make an important presentation! Based on decades of conference experience, I strongly recommend that you make your slides in PDF or another platform-independent format and email them to me at least one hour before the exam so I can have them ready to go on my iPad. There will not be enough time to do laptop/tablet troubleshooting between presentations.
- Each student is also expected to turn in a written report of no more than ten pages plus references, by the start of the exam. This report is to be comprehensible to the same audience of fellow graduate students. If you are willing to share the report you author with other graduate class members, I will be glad to circulate them. The others would no doubt benefit from your hard work!
For privacy, I have listed students by given name initial and family name initial. For example, Stephen Hawking would be SH, I would be AP.