This web site is owned and administered by Prof. A.W. Peet of the University of Toronto.
Whāia te iti kahurangi.
Ki te tūohu koe, me he maunga teitei.
(Aspire to the highest pinnacles.
If you should bow, let it be to a lofty mountain.)
-- Māori proverb.
What I offer here
- Contact details
- How to get my name and pronouns right
- Termtime schedule outline
- About Prof. Peet
- Research interests - layperson overview
- Research interests - black holes and AdS/CFT holography
- PMU199S Modern Physics for the Curious
- PHY2404S Quantum Field Theory II
- PHY483F General Relativity I
- Course deadlines policy
- Advice for school kids wanting email help with a science project
- Advice for high schoolers/undergrads aspiring to be string theorists
- Advice for undergrads seeking research opportunities in my lab
- Advice for prospective string theory PhD students
- Advice for students with offers of graduate admission from us
- Recommended non-physics reading for grad students
- A very brief introduction to string theory
- Slides and YouTube video for most recent public lecture
- News media appearances
- Academic decency statement
- Being transgender
- Being disabled
- Being Kiwi
- Pluralism and inclusion (to be updated)
- A bit about Toronto
- Putting LaTeX equations in web pages