A.W. Peet's professional contact details
I am a Professor of Physics at the University of Toronto (UofT) in Canada.
The contact details below are for people I might want to hear from about academic physics matters. Otherwise, please refer to this page.
Who gets priority
- Currently enrolled UofT students, especially those taking courses I am teaching.
- Academic physics researchers.
- People working towards a more pluralistic inclusive environment on campus.
- Prospective UofT students.
- People of all ages interested in physics enrichment or in becoming a physicist.
Who gets ignored
- Anyone making a commercial solicitation.
- Anyone wanting to argue with me about gender and/or social justice.
- Anyone asking me to educate them about something they could easily Google.
I do not tolerate harassment or abuse of any kind. Here are three examples of unacceptable communications from strangers.
- A person with disordered thinking harassed me by telephone for several years. This is why my university phone line does not have voicemail: they would fill it with garbage. The harassment escalated into a physical assault in my office and a death threat. 😬 This person is still banned from entering the Physics building despite repeated attempts to lift the ban.
- Pushy parents encouraged their kid to write to me expecting help with a poorly conceived science fair project on extremely short notice. When I said I was too busy to suddenly drop everything else in my work queue to help them, both parents threw tantrums. The father even reported me to my Department Chair and to the Provost (the university's chief academic officer) for refusing. 🙄
- After I spoke up publically against brazen transphobia from another UofT professor, his fans harassed me on the basis of my gender identity for months, via twitter, email, SMS, and phone. Such harassment is illegal in Ontario. 😒
- Prof. A.W. Peet
Department of Physics
University of Toronto
60 St. George Street
Canada M5S 1A7
- +1 416 978 3911
0900-1800h Mon-Fri (0900-2100h Mon-Sun if urgent)